use ArcObjects to access TiFF in a remote server

02-13-2017 11:20 AM
springzhang
New Contributor II

My raster datasets is in another server, which can be accessed through URL, for example, http://servername.com/raster/test.tif

My question is how to use ArcObjects .Net to read this raster dataset? I tried the same way like opening a dataset in the local ocmputer (as shown below), but it did not work.....

IWorkspaceFactory2 workspaceFactory = new RasterWorkspaceFactory() as IWorkspaceFactory2;
IRasterWorkspace lRasterWorkspace = workspaceFactory.OpenFromFile(url, 0) as IRasterWorkspace;
inRasterWS = (IWorkspace)lRasterWorkspace;

_rasterDataset = (inRasterWS as IRasterWorkspace).OpenRasterDataset(datasetName);

Does someone know how to read datasets located on a remote server using ArcObjects?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
huangbinhua
New Contributor II

First, I think your problem is how to connect to a remote arcserver using arcobject sdk?

I have the same problem with you ! 

Waiting for someone to provide a solution!

0 Kudos
huangbinhua
New Contributor II

I have solve my problem,you can refer to the question for addition instruction.How to call a GP service from ArcObjects in .NET using ArcGIS Engine 10.2? - Geographic Information ... 

your porblem, I think ,

first publish the geotiff as image Service in remote sever;

second, connect to image service rest provided by the remote server ;

then follow the instruction as the url I provided,you may solve your problem too。

0 Kudos