Art in Public Places....Which Story Map is right for me??

Jump to solution
02-14-2017 06:21 AM
GuillermoDe_Nacimiento
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm creating a map of "Art in Public Places" and I want to be able to include more than just a single picture for each piece of art. I've started creating this map with a Short-List Story Map and I love the layout.... However, I can't figure out how to add more pictures/images for each individual art installation.

Which type of Story Map would best for the type of map I'm trying to create?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

- Guillermo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Guillermo

Our place-based Story Map templates (Story Map Tour and Story Map Shortlist) currently don't support multiple images for one place. It's been a frequent request from authors and we are looking to build that capability into some new development work we are planning this year, initially for Map Tour. In the meantime, here are a couple of ideas/workarounds.

• In Story Map Tour is possible to embed third-party web content that presents multiple images in place of the single image for a tour point, like a gallery of images about that tour point. See this blog post for how to do this with a Flickr album: Adding Flickr sets to story map map tours | ArcGIS Blog 

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Guillermo

Our place-based Story Map templates (Story Map Tour and Story Map Shortlist) currently don't support multiple images for one place. It's been a frequent request from authors and we are looking to build that capability into some new development work we are planning this year, initially for Map Tour. In the meantime, here are a couple of ideas/workarounds.

• In Story Map Tour is possible to embed third-party web content that presents multiple images in place of the single image for a tour point, like a gallery of images about that tour point. See this blog post for how to do this with a Flickr album: Adding Flickr sets to story map map tours | ArcGIS Blog 

Rupert

0 Kudos