Will FlexViewer 3.7 apps work in 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5?

Jump to solution
02-14-2017 12:11 PM
JanieGoddard
Occasional Contributor III

Will FlexViewer 3.7 apps work on ArcGIS Server 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5? We are wanting to upgrade first and then rewrite FlexViewer 3.7 apps as we can in Web App Developer. We are on 10.2.1.

Thanks,
Janie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Janie.

Yes they will work just fine.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Janie.

Yes they will work just fine.

JanieGoddard

Thanks so much Robert! I sure appreciate your answer. When we get server upgraded then I can rewrite them in Web App Builder. I look forward to using your new eWidgets in the new Builder!
Thanks,
Janie

0 Kudos
GabiVoicu1
New Contributor III

Robert we have used Flex Viewer 3.2 version for a while now but still not quite ready to switch to the web appbuilder and still we switched all service consumed by flex viewer to 10.3 and you were right they all worked just fine except for the search widget that changed in version 10.3 and for some reason flex is adding to the URL Request the location option which makes the locator NOT to return any candidates how can we avoid this to happen....please?

Has anyone here en able to switch the search widget from flex to use 10.3 geocoding services and perhaps having to take care of the newly LOCATION parameter  introduced at version 10.3 ?

Thank you very much - greatly appreciate your help

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gabi.

Hmm. I don't have any flex sites left in production (for a couple of years now). I had not seen that issue. Because Flex Viewer is no longer supported by esri you are in a tough spot there. Sorry I don't have any suggestions.

0 Kudos
GabiVoicu1
New Contributor III

I knoooooow Robert and honestly you were the Only one.....who could answer our question (**and our only hope )

I even mentioned your name in my organization - you are absolutely amazing! they call you guru around here

Thank you for answer anyways...you rock!

We may have to hang onto that old geocoding service as well ....

JanieGoddard

Gabi,

Yes our people know Robert by name too!

Robert,

I remember when we upgraded to Flex Viewer 3.7 there were changes in the search I believe. Would it buy Gabi anything to upgrade that Flex Viewer 3.2 to 3.7? Would it work better with 10.3 then? At least Gabi is familiar with the Flex Viewer program.

Janie

GabiVoicu1
New Contributor III

Thank you Janie - I was indeed thinking about that too ....the flex version 3.2 vs 3.7

Did you successfully switched your flex sites to use 10.3 or higher services?

Thank you guys

.....it feels great to get a response

0 Kudos
JanieGoddard

Gabi,

We are in the process of upgrading. I have Portal 10.5 up but not my server yet. We are in the process of get CA Certificates. I haven't worked with SSL and all this before. So wow! I'm learning as I go.

When we do get this upgraded I'll let you know how the search works in FV 3.7 on Server 10.5.

Thanks,
Janie

0 Kudos
JanieGoddard

Gabi,

Are you talking about the Search widget? It looks for a certain value in a field you named in your list of fields? 

When you are talking about geocoding, that sounds like the address we enter into the widget bar. The geocoding done in the World Geocoder is I BELIEVE free when done online one address at a time. So we use the World Geocoder in our Flex Viewer. It is the BATCH geocoding that definitely requires Enterprise Credits.

Thanks,
Janie