Select Widget Popup Error ( WAB 2.3)

02-14-2017 11:01 AM
SowjanyaSunkara3
New Contributor III

When clicking on the Selected features in the list ( from Select Widget), a popup opens to the feature but no attributes of the feature are shown on the pop up and I see an error in the Console. Anyone else seeing this issue?Popup with no feature attributes

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
PhilLarkin
New Contributor III

I am seeing this in builder version 2.3 but not 2.2. This occurs on layers that are added to the map programatically, but not on layers that are referenced in an AGOL hosted web map. I'd call this a bug.

Error:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of null
at Object.b.place (init.js:206)
at Object.<anonymous> (RelatedRecordsPopupProjector.js?wab_dv=2.3:498)

https://community.esri.com/migrated-users/3176

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sowjanya,

I am not able to reproduce your error. I'm using Web AppBuilder embedded within ArcGIS Online. Can you share the REST URL to your web service?

Hi Phil,

Not sure what you mean when you say "... occurs on layers that are added to the map programatically ...", like within a custom widget?

If you think the behavior you're seeing in Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v2.3 is a bug - please open an incident with Esri Tech Support so we can get some repro steps to investigate further.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin
New Contributor III

Hi Derek-
Thanks for your reply. Yes, this bug occurs when adding layers via a custom widget in 2.3.

0 Kudos
SowjanyaSunkara3
New Contributor III

Derek Law‌ - This is with developer edition  WAB 2.3 for Portal. The deployed app is not displaying the attributes ( from Select Widget). Any chance you see this on your end?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Sowjanya,

I am not able to reproduce your error. I retested with Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v2.3 with Portal for ArcGIS 10.4.1. Please contact Esri Tech Support and provide them with detailed steps and sample data so they can try to reproduce your issue.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
SowjanyaSunkara3
New Contributor III

Thanks dlaw-esristaff

KumarHarish
New Contributor III

Any solutions.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Kumar,

Please contact Esri Tech Support and provide them with detailed steps and sample data so they can try to reproduce your issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
TomTyndall1
New Contributor II

I'm having this problem too. I am using the developer edition of WAB 2.5.

On mapLoad I require in a custom javascript module that adds a FeatureLayer (pointing to MapService layer hosted on an ArcGIS Server instance in my data center, not AGOL) to the map. This all works great, features draw on the map, I have added a mouse-over event listener on the layer that opens the map.infoWindow popup when a layer graphic is hovered over - all works great. Except the console keeps showing the "Cannot read property 'parentNode' of null .... " whenever a hover on a graphic from the FeatureLayer occurs.

0 Kudos