Dataset Updating

02-17-2017 08:49 AM
BrianMcPhail
New Contributor II

I've updated some of the datasets on our Open Data website and it looks like the page itself is showing the correct data (e.g. Correct # of rows within the new data, the Data tab show the correct Attribute Table info); however, when you downloads the data, or look at the "Location density of n features", it seems to be grabbing the old data.

I've tried updating the Index and "Reset Dataset and Downloads" for the data on the Admin page, but this doesn't seem to fix it.

Any ideas?

One of the datasets where this is seen is: Business Sites

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

I just forced an update to go through on our back end. And the dataset updated. Can you check your admin settings and see if you have caching set to manual?

0 Kudos
BrianMcPhail
New Contributor II

Thanks Daniel, I usually have them on manual but have switch them to automatic to see if that would fix it. But things look better now for Business Sites, the "Location Density" number is still the old value but the downloads are showing the new values.

Still seeing the old data in the downloads for: Addresses and Road Network though.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Ok, we may have missed the message of setting an dataset that was manual to automatic. Will look into that specifically. When I refresh the page, I see the new location density so you should see that as well.

For addresses and road network, can you set those to automatic and then click the refresh button? If that doesn't work I'll force them through manually.

0 Kudos
BrianMcPhail
New Contributor II

I've set them to Auto and refreshed, but the download still has the old numbers.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Ok, I'm thinking something may be up with the refresh button as well. So we'll look into that too. Would still be helpful to know approximately when you last updated the feature services.

0 Kudos
BrianMcPhail
New Contributor II

Roads / Addresses: Most recently updated on Feb. 14th, prior to that it would have been Jan. 9th or 10th

Business Sites: Updated this morning, prior to that I believe it was in November 2016 when we moved to the new esri template website.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Also, can you recall the last few times that you updated each service?

0 Kudos
BrianMcPhail
New Contributor II

I tend to update Roads and Addresses monthly (previously, had them set to Manual and would just "Refresh" them when the new data was loaded into the FCs). Business Sites is more of an annual update.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Ok, that's good to know. I've forced updates through on the two other datasets. We're going to look into potential bugs around the refresh function.

0 Kudos