Story Map Crowdsource image size question

Jump to solution
02-20-2017 01:10 PM
FranHutton_Lee
New Contributor

Greetings, I am creating a Crowdsource StoryMap for a project and am testing it by seeding some points with images. But the image upload requires 700 pixels or I get an error. I want those inputting data to be able to add images as small as 250-300 pixels

error message when I try to upload a smaaler than 700 px file in Crowdsource Story Map

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

The story map crowdsource app displays larger photos when a viewer clicks on a point. These photos are generally 600px - 800px wide depending the viewers screen resolutions. Uploading low resolution photos will lead to viewers seeing blurry or grainy photos which is not a good experience. For this reason we have added a minimum resolution requirement so contributors cannot add grainy photos to the app. If you must allow low resolution photos, you can do so by editing the app configuration through the AGO Assistant. General instructions for editing the app JSON can be found in this blog post: https://developerscorner.storymaps.arcgis.com/story-map-crowdsource-advanced-configuration-60ecd32f0.... The last section has instructions about editing the photo upload configuration. Instead of adding the third photo section, edit the minimumSize attribute to be the smallest size of photo you want to allow. Remember, the app check the smallest side of the photo. So if your mimimumSize is set to "200" and a user tries to upload a photo the is 150px x 300px, they will still get an error that their photo is too small.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

The story map crowdsource app displays larger photos when a viewer clicks on a point. These photos are generally 600px - 800px wide depending the viewers screen resolutions. Uploading low resolution photos will lead to viewers seeing blurry or grainy photos which is not a good experience. For this reason we have added a minimum resolution requirement so contributors cannot add grainy photos to the app. If you must allow low resolution photos, you can do so by editing the app configuration through the AGO Assistant. General instructions for editing the app JSON can be found in this blog post: https://developerscorner.storymaps.arcgis.com/story-map-crowdsource-advanced-configuration-60ecd32f0.... The last section has instructions about editing the photo upload configuration. Instead of adding the third photo section, edit the minimumSize attribute to be the smallest size of photo you want to allow. Remember, the app check the smallest side of the photo. So if your mimimumSize is set to "200" and a user tries to upload a photo the is 150px x 300px, they will still get an error that their photo is too small.

0 Kudos