Is there a way to collect line features one vertex at a time? Any plans to develop this?

02-21-2017 09:34 PM
LizJuers
New Contributor II

Is there a way to collect line features one vertex at a time - where you walk to a vertex, hit collect, then it is automatically paused until you hit collect again? As opposed to streaming the line with points continuously dropped at a certain time interval. Any plans to add this capability?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Liz -- Yes, you can do that today. Start collecting a line feature, and on the map you can either tap to add a point, or you can tap "Use my location" to add a vertex where you are. If you want the streaming experience, there is a "stream" (iOS and Android) or "Start streaming" (Windows) button that starts it. Just don't start streaming and you can collect your shape manually.

See Draw a shape—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for details. 

Esri Education Team
Juan_FelipeVillegas
New Contributor III

I can´t collect a shape automatically by using the stream option. I already tried with four different movil devices, and have the same problem.

The measure distance tool and measure area tool behave in the same way.

In ArcGis online all the layers are checked in the option to allow measurements.

Any advice?

Juan.

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Juan -- I'd be happy to give some ideas, but I need a bit more info to do so. How are you trying to stream, and what happens? Measure doesn't support streaming. Could you also tell me about the data you are working with, or even better share it with a group and invite user collector4arcgis to the group?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos