Image Geolocation not able to recognized in Map Tour

Jump to solution
02-22-2017 01:04 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi:

I have done the private setting for importing EXIF location data of my pictures. See image below:

I have also checked if my image is geotagged, which it is.  

But I have no idea why Map Tour still tells me "To Locate" (see image below) even though they were already geolocated in my Flickr.  Any help would be great.  Thanks in advance.  

Tina 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rupert:

I appreciate your help.  I have made my setting correct on the Flickr Website but I neglect to set up on the location privacy (“Anyone”) on the mobile app since I uploaded all my images from the mobile app.

It works now. 

Thanks,

Tina

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Not sure why it isn't working for you. For example you can load my pics from a hike in Mammoth into a Map Tour by accessing this Flickr album: A Winter Hike in Mammoth | Flickr  ( user name to type into the Map Tour Flickr Import dialog = Rupert Essinger ). It is cool how Map Tour also reads in my image names, captions and the order they are in within that album. So adding that info and doing that ordering in Flickr saves a lot of time in Map Tour, especially if you decide to make several tours from the same images or use them in a Story Map Shortlist.

Did you perhaps upload your images into Flickr and then turn the option on to import EXIF data when you upload into Flickr? It doesn't apply retroactively. Back when I first got started with Flickr I uploaded my pics, then realized I had to turn on that option in Flickr (because it is off by default for new accounts), then realized I had to upload them again in order to get the geotags into Flickr.

Rupert

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rupert:

I appreciate your help.  I have made my setting correct on the Flickr Website but I neglect to set up on the location privacy (“Anyone”) on the mobile app since I uploaded all my images from the mobile app.

It works now. 

Thanks,

Tina