Is there a way to disable the ESRI world geocoder in the dispatcher map?

02-22-2017 12:47 PM
JackWolford1
New Contributor

I have gone in to the web map settings and checked the box for "By Layer" and set it to use my customer database layer with field verified addresses and then unchecked the box for "By Address". When I open the map as a dispatcher in Workforce and do a search it does find my customer address in the upper layer results section, displays "Layer Name: Customer Name" on the top row, but then shows the Esri geocoder address for that location underneath, which can be very confusing as it is always different from the actual address. This is especially confusing when there are multiple results and it only shows the customer name on the top row with geocoder address result below until you click each result and can then see the attributes with correct address. As a workaround, displaying the address in the top row instead of the customer name would help a bit, but I don't see an option to control which field it chooses to display. Also, I entered custom hint text for the search bar "Customer Address" but it still shows "Find address or place" in the dispatcher map.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Jack,

The Workforce web application uses the Geocoder that is listed first in your org settings.

From reading your question; you never want Workforce to use the World Geocoder, you always want it to use customer name from that you're setting with the "Search By Layer" option.  We don't support this configuration at this time.

One option is build a locator for your customer data and use that as the default Geocoder for your org. 

If these solutions don't work, I'd like to speak to you to dig into your configuration so we can look at what we can do to support your workflow.

thanks, Craig

JackWolford1
New Contributor

Thanks Craig, I'm actually just demonstrating how Workforce would work to a client so I wouldn't want to use their customer data for our entire org. However, my client will likely be purchasing ArcGIS desktop so they will have their own org account and this solution should work for them once implemented.

On a side note, what is the purpose of the checkbox next to "By Address" on the settings page? Does it control something else?

0 Kudos