Copy Features Model Builder - Error 000840

02-22-2017 04:46 PM
PatrickPrendergast
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to automate a long process in model builder and I am having trouble with one of the steps. I have the ArcGIS 10.2.2 student software and I am trying to run the following model:

I know there is a lot there, but the part I am having trouble with involves selecting by attributes from a feature, making a layer, and then copying the features so I then do some more geoprocessing (dissolve, etc.). The model works great until I get to the "Copy Features" tool which spits out the following error:

Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000840: The value is not a Feature Layer.
ERROR 000840: The value is not a Raster Catalog Layer.
Failed to execute (Copy Features).

Just for kicks, I tried the "Create Feature Class" and "Feature Class to Feature Class" tools and I get the same error message.

I am really baffled here because I broke up this model into smaller components and ran the following model that starts after the "Script" tool in my other picture and the "Copy Features" tool works just fine:

I need the first model to work, however, because I need to use an early output in a geoprocessing step later (I just haven't incorporated that step into the model yet).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I should post any other helpful information.

Thanks,

Pat

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III
Could you Move this thread toGroup

Model Builder Group

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Put Make Feature Layer tool just before the Copy Features tool in Model Builder. I hope it will solve the issue.

Why is it important to use feature layers in ModelBuilder?

Think Location
0 Kudos