How can I switch from level 1 user to level 2 user?

Jump to solution
02-22-2017 09:22 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do not currently have the option of using Web App Builder in my AGOL account, there is only the option for creating a web app from template.  I read online that you must be a "level 2" user in order to access WAB.  Does anyone have suggestions to access WAB? or did AGOL change something?  You can see the option is not available as see in all examples online. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The 'My Organization' will appear when you are signed into www.arcgis.com.  Ex:

It sounds like you are using ArcGIS Online (Personal Account), which will not have this tab.  You will need to activate your ArcGIS Online (Organization Account).  Since you have a Desktop license, you are entitled to an Organization Account.  You can call customer service at 888-377-4575 and they will e-mail you the activation link.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hi Dylan,

You will need your ArcGIS Online Administrator to assign you as a Level 2 user.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the response.  Funny thing is, I am the admin.  Such a silly thing, which makes it more frustrating.  Hence the Geonet post.

The goal is to have the WAB option show up.  

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Click on 'My Organization' on the top banner of ArcGIS Online.  At the top right it will show how many licenses you have for each user.

Do you have any level 2 users available?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for you patience here....

From what I understand, they have the AGOL that came with the desktop license.  I only recently started and nobody on staff is technical, or knows what went into the initial licensing.  I am accustomed to using Arcgis server with AGOL, that said, when I view the Organization tab that is not what I see.  I suppose the option may not be available because this is just AGOL and not AGOL with Subscriptions or AGOL for Organization?

The website is all over the place, with information in different places, it isn't very helpful.

This is the only option for Organization I have, and no option to see service credits or user type. 

JakeSkinner

The 'My Organization' will appear when you are signed into www.arcgis.com.  Ex:

It sounds like you are using ArcGIS Online (Personal Account), which will not have this tab.  You will need to activate your ArcGIS Online (Organization Account).  Since you have a Desktop license, you are entitled to an Organization Account.  You can call customer service at 888-377-4575 and they will e-mail you the activation link.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Jake... I was afraid that was the case!!  Every other GIS job I have had everything was already setup, plug and play!  It is funny because I configured the Portal etc but was struggling with this haha so dumb.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to follow up... I contacted customer support and they were very helpful.  The problem was, the subscription account was assigned to a random individual that nobody knows, but was never used.  So, they had to add my organization, send the link and have me delete him.  So strange....... but easy