Is there a way to create group of users in Workforce? We have several users but is it possible, instead of creating an assignement for "Mister X" to create an assignment to "Crew 1" that inludes "Mister X, Y and Z"?

02-22-2017 10:10 AM
KevinRobert1
New Contributor III

I am developping a solution that will help with the Hydrant Inspections process here at the city. We have registered users (Inspectors) that are working in 5 different crews. Is it possible to create group of users and assign to groups instead of individual person. I know I could create 5 accounts called "Crew 1-5" but before doing so I wanted to make sure there is not a better way to do it.

2 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kevin,

The Inspectors that work in 5 different crews; do they work in 1 crew at a time?  Or, are they assigned to multiple crews and can change throughout the day?

My other question is; who should be recorded as having done the work?  The crew or the inspector?

Craig

KevinRobert1
New Contributor III

Hi Craig,

The inspectors are usualy working in 1 crew at a time. This doesn't mean that another day they would be part of a different crew. As for recording, most of the work will be done and recorded in Survey123, (there's an inspector field in Survey123). So in sum, it is not important who is recorded to have completed the assignment as long as it's completed.

Kevin