ArcMap 10.4.1 Export map with Map Service problems

Jump to solution
02-23-2017 06:51 AM
JakubOrálek
New Contributor II

Hi folks,

I have came accros a strange behavior of ArcMap 10.4.1 when exporting map from ArcMap with ArcGIS for Server map service (Dynamic).

When I try to export e.g. A3 PDF (or PNG) with 300 dpi, the map service image does not appear in PDF/PNG. Lowering the dpi leads to printing just part of the data in view.

Here are some facts:

1) it is probably not a Server related issue, the map service has max image size set to huge values (8000 to 8000)

2) I found the problem with 10.4.1 ArcMap and 10.4.1 Server an reproduced also with 10.4.1 ArcMap using 10.2 Server

3) map is exported correctly when using Export task in REST

4) map is exported correctly when using ArcMap 10.3.1 or 10.5 (with 10.2 Server)

So it seems to be only 10.4.1 ArcMap issue.

I have not found it in bugs or issues addresed with this version. Or have I missed it?

Thanks

Filip

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakubOrálek
New Contributor II

Our official distributor technical support personel found that this problem is logged as [BUG-000097134: Export to PDF results in incomplete rendering of server services]. The issue could not be reproduced in 10.3.1 nor 10.5. Since there is not going to be any patch released, the solution is to downgrade or upgrade ArcMap.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JakubOrálek
New Contributor II

Our official distributor technical support personel found that this problem is logged as [BUG-000097134: Export to PDF results in incomplete rendering of server services]. The issue could not be reproduced in 10.3.1 nor 10.5. Since there is not going to be any patch released, the solution is to downgrade or upgrade ArcMap.

Regards.

0 Kudos