?ArcGIS JavaScript API 4: Still no drawing tools

02-25-2017 11:08 AM
ronavra
New Contributor

we are in 2017, first quarter, the api is on version 4.2 and I still can't draw/edit something on the map.

Does anyone have any time estimation to when this feature will be released? 

7 Replies
deleted-user-iPdcWUgWcsoy
New Contributor III

As I heard on Developer Summit in Berlin last year, it will be available in 4.3. Can't wait for it, too. Perhaps we will see next month before the Developer Summit in Palm Springs would start.

deleted-user-iPdcWUgWcsoy
New Contributor III

Unfortunately there are still no drawing tools (module "DrawToolbar") with 4.3.

0 Kudos
MichaelMatuszak
New Contributor II

And still not in 4.4.  Is there any kind of published roadmap/timeline for when certain features are targeted for release?  It would be awesome to have a little more transparency into the process.  These and a few others I've been waiting on (e.g. HeatmapRenderer) have been listed as "Coming Soon" for a long time, and if they're not going to be in 4.5 I'm going to need to start looking into rolling my own in the meantime.

0 Kudos
NickCameron2
New Contributor III

I was waiting for drawing tools as well, but then couldn't wait any longer so rolled my own.

Put them in this github repository a while ago. I think I need to update the version in that repo actually...but anyway, it may help you out.

https://github.com/nickcam/angular2-esri-netcore

KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

The Sketch view model was introduced at 4.5: Sketch temporary geometries | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.6 

0 Kudos
TubaKumbara
Occasional Contributor

drawing tools is very important for map applications. still waiting.

0 Kudos
CharlieElverson
New Contributor II

Are you specifically waiting for 3D drawing tools? For 2D they added esri/views/2d/draw/Draw in 4.5. It's worked for my needs.

0 Kudos