Adding new images to cached service

02-25-2017 08:41 AM
FatinRimawi
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I am wondering about any approach to re-publish cache service after adding new images to its source mosaic.

Thank you

Best,

Fatin

10 Replies
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

You can create footprints for the areas with new imagery and regenerate the cache for only those areas.  See Map cache updates—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

FatinRimawi
Occasional Contributor

Thank you FC Basson for your answering.

just to make sure that i got the right answer : do you mean that i can edit the published cached service without any need to re-publish it ?

Best,

Fatin

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Fatin, are you asking about actually changing/expending the service's footprint?  If so, I have the same question.

If not, that is, if you are just refreshing areas, than FC Basson option it the route I would try. 

I would also check out Image Management    and  Image Management Workflows | ArcGIS Resource Center 

FatinRimawi
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rebecca,

yes i have the same question"changing the service footprint/adding new images to cached service/edit publish service with or without any need to overwrite existing service???".

Best,

Fatin

0 Kudos
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

If it is a cached service, I would think republishing/overwriting it is required, but only for the updated footprint areas.  Otherwise if the service is based on overviews from the mosaic it should update without republishing.

FatinRimawi
Occasional Contributor

Thank you FC Basson, I will try this.

Best,

Fatin

0 Kudos
FatinRimawi
Occasional Contributor

Hi FC Basson and Rebecca,

Again, I am facing a new issue: I am trying to add a new mosaic data set to an existing web service.

Can I add a new mosaic data set to my current cached map service?

If possible, Do I need to over write publish it?

Kindly find the following screenshot.

What do you think?

All the Best,

Fatin

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

My guess (and only a guess since I haven't done it), is any dynamic service using the mosaic will work fine, but any cache would of course need to be updated,  I would not think you would have to update/replace your service unless the full-extent/footprint has changed.

FatinRimawi
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Rebecca for your kind reply.

you said <<any cache would of course need to be updated>>. In my case how can this happen?

Do you mean that I should change the full extent ?

If I got your idea, you say that I have to start from zero to have my new extent/foorprint then overwrite publish it?

All the Best,

Fatin

0 Kudos