Web App Builder - Configure Basemap Gallery - spatial reference

Jump to solution
03-03-2017 06:36 AM
AndySchmidt
New Contributor II

In ArcGIS online Web App Builder in the Configure Basemap Gallery I get a spatial reference error when adding a pass through service for a basemap "The basemap you are adding has a different spatial reference from the current map"  Previous maps/web apps built using web app builder display the services but I cannot create new base map services to new web apps.  The projections are the same.  Has anyone found a workaround or is this a bug with the recent update to ArcGIS Online. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andy,

You are saying the projections are the same. Are the cache schemas (i.e the scales the tile layers are cached at the same)?

From the whats new:

• Unsupported basemaps with different tiling schemas from the current basemap are now excluded from the Basemap Gallery widget.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andy,

You are saying the projections are the same. Are the cache schemas (i.e the scales the tile layers are cached at the same)?

From the whats new:

• Unsupported basemaps with different tiling schemas from the current basemap are now excluded from the Basemap Gallery widget.
KipoKipo
New Contributor III

Is there fix for this BUG? I am having the same problem. The basemaps I am trying to add to the organization basemap group has the same projection with the web map. Unfortunately the workaround Ken mentioned (making web map and shared in the default basemap gallery group ) doesn't work for me -- I can't add the service URL into a basemap in the first place.

Rob what doesn't the "different tiling schemas" mean in the "whats new"? Is it different from the ESRI basemaps? or different from its original tiling schema if migrating from an older version cache.

Thanks!

KP

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

KP,

If it is different from the Esri basemap tiling scheme then it will not allow you to add it.

KipoKipo
New Contributor III

Thanks Rob! This is new to us when we are trying to migrate to the newer version of ArcGIS server.

So what I do is publishing the service using ArcGIS online/Bing... schema and select scales I'd like. It will warn when my projection isn't WGS 84 Web Mercator.

It then will allow me to add the published services to Basemap Gallery.

Thanks!

KP

0 Kudos
JosephineBailey
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem - the basemaps I'm trying to add to the Basemap Callery in the Configure Basemap Gallery Widget says it's a different projection for the WMTS in fact they are the same -is there a fix?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Yeah it's really unfortunate at this release.  Prior to 2.4, I was able to inter-layer both dynamic and tiled services to build a custom image and reference layer basemap.  That was a huge resource saver for us because I didn't have to cache my image service - at 4" resolution that takes alot of space.  The only fix will be for esri to re-code the base widget I guess

KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I've come across this also with an ImageService: Cannot add a custom basemap to the Basemap Gallery 

There is a workaround in the meantime:

1. ArcGIS.com > My Content > Add Item from web > paste https://seamlessrnc.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/arcgis/rest/services/RNC/NOAA_RNC/ImageServer
2. Add item to map and save as a webmap
3. Create a custom basemap group and share that item and webmap to that group
4. In My Organization > Edit Settings > Map > Basemap Gallery > point to the custom basemap group.
- This will make the map as part of the default basemap gallery.
5. In WAB > Widget > Basemap > check on 'Always synchronize with the Basemap Gallery setting of the Organization'
6. In App in WAB > Basemap Widget > Can see and choose the NOAA_RNC as the basemap.

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hey Ken, yeah great idea, totally works.  Nice solution!

MarkStelzel
New Contributor III

I attempted the workaround with no success. Is this still working for anyone else?

0 Kudos