Classify with mosaic dataset

03-03-2017 02:43 PM
Labels (1)
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

We have a mosaic dataset with elevation data. I need to show in two classes.

1) Elevations at risk of flooding

2) Elevations not at risk

There are statistics calculated for the mosaic. But when I look at the symbology properties there is no option for classify?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

how were statistics calculated? since some methods aren't permanent  and if they are present you should have more options... did you use this method?

To calculate statistics on the mosaic dataset, right-click the mosaic dataset in the Catalog window and click Calculate Statistics; the Calculate Statistics tool opens. You can also open this tool directly.
0 Kudos
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

As I understand it they were done with the tool (I don't want to redo it). If one looks in the properties one can see the statistics.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

all I see is the max and min... not quite the same, but it must be something totally else if you don't want to recalculate them

0 Kudos
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

well it is a massive data set. I want to eliminate everything else before I go for that.  

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

from the link I sent... so check your stretch options first to see if they are there

If statistics do not exist for a mosaic dataset, they are not calculated automatically when displayed in ArcMap. If statistics exist for a mosaic dataset, more stretch methods are available (such as Percent Clip and Histogram Equalization).
0 Kudos
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

yes they are there

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

hmmm no histogram like mine then... maybe give a recalculate a go

0 Kudos