ArcGIS Pro traverse; two options for feet

03-02-2017 09:01 AM
Oliver_Burdekin
Occasional Contributor II

I've been using the Pro traverse tool to digitise some survey plans from the 1960s. The plans state they were recorded in British Feet. Using the traverse tool there are two options for feet. Knowing that many options for feet exist (Olympic foot, US survey foot, British foot etc) I'd like to know which options are presented here. Both are referred to as "ft" in the tool and I can't find anything in the docs to differentiate the two. See the screen shot below for clarification.

Cheers,

Oliver

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Oliver,

That's a little unfortunate that there are two options that look exactly the same. From what I could find, the first 'ft' is US Survey Foot and the second 'ft' is just Foot.

Define alternate units for editing—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-pro?sr=search&searchId=84e22bd5-8661-46...

Oliver_Burdekin
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Adrian. Good find. And the "set default units" will be particularly useful for the rest of the parcels I'm inputting. So I suppose the question is when is a foot not a foot? Apparently a foot is a foot here so I'll use that one and see what the outputs are like.

0 Kudos