I was wondering if ArcGIS Platform can be used to generate an alert distribution group in case of emergency. Thanks in advance

03-08-2017 06:40 AM
deleted-user-R2-VGBF5a2Ww
New Contributor II

I was thinking in something like Amber Alert system, managed based in groups on AGOL. I have ArcGIS Server and GeoEvent Processor.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

I'm not 100% sure it's possible to do this without some creativity....but there are business partners that do this that are integrated with the platform. GeoDecisions Notify application comes to mind.

http://www.geodecisions.com/notify/ 

-Adam Z

New Contributor II

Adam,

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking of something out-of-the-box, something ready to be set if needed, for occasional use, for small groups. I have take a look on geodecisions.com and looks great, but clearly it is a professional solution, aimed at communication for a large number of people.

Cheers,

Luis

0 Kudos
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Hi Luis - There is a way to send notifications using a geoprocessing server and then consuming it into AGOL via a gp widget in Web AppBuilder. Here is a mosquito solution that explains how to do it. I'd imagine you could set this up along with the power of geoevent to send automatic notifications. I'll be looking into this GP tool over the next couple days, in case you want to as well.

Send spray email notifications - Mosquito Adulticide Planning | ArcGIS for Local Government 

-Adam Z

New Contributor II

Thanks Adam, the mosquito solution looks promising.

Cheers

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

The 9-1-1 call center I contract to uses Vesta Alert from Cassidian Communications; it's built on top of ArcGIS Online and uses ArcGIS Server data I push.

That should just about do it....
New Contributor II

Thanks Joe.

Cheers

0 Kudos