GeoEvent Reporting Null Attribute Values

03-15-2017 09:58 AM
EdApalinski
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am polling an AGO service and outputting to a ArcServer feature service.  The user enters a free text attribute in a field and there is a field populated with a default value of -1.  The free text value keeps dropping when The feature is added to server.  I also tested the output to a csv file (in example jpg).  I added the field mapper processor and still have the same issue, the string field does not migrate but the default value field does.  

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ed

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EdApalinski
Occasional Contributor

Some follow up which is even more confusing.... If the feature is added by a web map or web app builder the attributes migrate as Null values.  If collector is used the attributes migrate correctly.

Thanks for any ideas!

0 Kudos
MarkBramer
Occasional Contributor II

What are the data types of the two fields in the database?

Can you post the GeoEvent Definition (screen shot fine provided it's visible)?

0 Kudos
EdApalinski
Occasional Contributor

Mark,

I spoke with tech support and here is what we found out;

Part of the issue was that the creation of geometry in ArcGIS Online and adding attributes resulted in 2 different requests, so rather than using 'Add Features' output connector, we used 'Update features' to accommodate for both requests. We also ensured that "Get incremental updates" was set to 'Yes'.

After this, we still saw the same issue of only the new record and default attributes getting sent to the sde feature class. We determined that if we increased the refresh interval to a value that spanned longer than it took to make both the geometry and apply the attributes that all of the changes would translate to our sde feature class.

I have since been trying to set up 2 GeoEvent services, one to move the first transaction, then another update features to later move any updated attributes.  I have not been able to get this to work however, even when I turn off the incremental updates in the 2nd polling process input.  I built the feature class in sde, then published both services (server and AGO) from there.  I also imported the schema for the geoevent definition.  

My original post was for a test layer I was using, the one field was text, one was short integer.

Ed

0 Kudos