Is it possible for users to change during a workflow manager job?

03-17-2017 01:21 PM
deleted-user-qSBucAQszJ_6
New Contributor III

All,

We currently have workflow manager setup, but right now if a person starts a workflow they are the people who have to finish it. We are wondering if it is possible to change users if one leaves the office.

Thanks,

Chris

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MohamedMassoud1
New Contributor III

HI, what I understood that you have a workflow and you assign some steps to some users but may be some of these users leave the office so you want to delete these users.

from my point of view, it will be better to assign the step to the group and give the group individual step assign privileges so the user can assign the job to himself and complete his work 

1-it will be better to assign the step to the group and give the group individual step assign privileges so the user can assign the job to himself and complete his work.

2-you can make a step that assigns the job to the user inside the group this step will be an excutable step that calls windows or WPF application assigns the current job to the user inside the group if you use the web I can tell you how to make this using Launch URL or writing custom code.

3-bad way to open the workflow and change the assignment again from the deleted user to a new user.

regards,

Mohamed Massoud  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes you can change assignments through a workflow. Either manually on the job, or you can configure assignment to change on the path settings.

0 Kudos