SSL certificate corruption after patching

03-18-2017 07:46 AM
LakshmananVenkatesan
Occasional Contributor II

All,

In last 2 to 3  instances during Windows or ESRI chrome patch installation - I could see Portal SSL certificates are corrupted and because of that Portal application is unavailable and throwing the message "Portal could not access any of portal machines. Please contact system administrator". 

Does any one experienced these kind of issues / or they known technical issue with Portal during patching event.

One important thing is - when Windows patching is abandoned in middle or something happens during patching, portal SSL certificates are corrupted and lost.

Env: Windows 2012. Portal 10.4.1 federated with ArcGIS Server.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

What do you mean by "corrupt"?  If you were to navigate to https://<machine>:7443/arcgis/portaladmin can you reach the machine?  Do you see a javaw.exe process running when Portal is running?

0 Kudos
LakshmananVenkatesan
Occasional Contributor II

Hi 

I will not able to navigate to portal admin page. All I see is message that "Portal could not access any of portal machines. Please contact system administrator" and javaw process is running. 

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you seeing that error when going through the web adaptor?  Can you try to reach the portal through 7443?

0 Kudos