Using IGxDialog in ArcGIS 10 add-in (VS 2008 Express)

12-29-2010 11:44 PM
JanBurdziej1
New Contributor II
Hi all,
Is it possible to use IGxDialog to browse for feature classes / shapefiles from ArcGIS 10 Add-in component? I wanted to migrate my code from a simple VB .net environment to the "ESRI Add-in" framework, but I'am missing IGxDialog functionality. Sample snippets offers Windows.Form for opening shapefiles... What about feature classes in a geodatabase then?
Any ideas and help would be appreciated!
Regards,
Jan
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor
Hi all,
Is it possible to use IGxDialog to browse for feature classes / shapefiles from ArcGIS 10 Add-in component? I wanted to migrate my code from a simple VB .net environment to the "ESRI Add-in" framework, but I'am missing IGxDialog functionality. Sample snippets offers Windows.Form for opening shapefiles... What about feature classes in a geodatabase then?
Any ideas and help would be appreciated!
Regards,
Jan

Yes you can use IGXdialog...

http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_net/componenthelp/0015/0015000000qv000000.htm
0 Kudos
JanBurdziej1
New Contributor II
Yes you can use IGXdialog...

http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_net/componenthelp/0015/0015000000qv000000.htm

Ok, the question is: how? I have added references to the MSVB 2008 project (ESRI.ArcGIS.ArcCatalog / ArcCatalogUI / DataSourcesFile and other) and when I write:

Dim pGxDialog As ESRI.ArcGIS.CatalogUI.IGxDialog = New ESRI.ArcGIS.CatalogUI.GxDialog

I get 'Type: ESRI.ArcGIS.CatalogUI.IGxDialog' is not defined'.

What else is wrong?

Regards,
Jan
0 Kudos
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor
Ok, the question is: how? I have added references to the MSVB 2008 project (ESRI.ArcGIS.ArcCatalog / ArcCatalogUI / DataSourcesFile and other) and when I write:

Dim pGxDialog As ESRI.ArcGIS.CatalogUI.IGxDialog = New ESRI.ArcGIS.CatalogUI.GxDialog

What else is wrong?

Regards,
Jan

ESRI.ArcGIS.CatalogUI.GxDialogClass();....used in C#..try to convert into VB.NET....
0 Kudos
JeffMatson
Occasional Contributor III

What else is wrong?

Regards,
Jan

Make sure you have a reference in your project for Esri.ArcGIS.CatalogUI (not to be confused with Esri.ArcGIS.ArcCatalogUI)
0 Kudos
JanBurdziej1
New Contributor II
Make sure you have a reference in your project for Esri.ArcGIS.CatalogUI (not to be confused with Esri.ArcGIS.ArcCatalogUI)

Hi, this solved a problem! My ignorance, I added ArcCatalogUI instead of CatalogUI...
Thanks for help!
Regards,
Jan
0 Kudos