Help with Drive Times

03-21-2017 12:45 PM
JayneWestbrook1
New Contributor

Hi, 

I am trying to calculate multiple drive times (30, 60, 90 and 120mins) for multiple locations (all airports in the UK). Ideally these drive times will be separate maps, so 4 maps for each airport.

I am very new to GIS and have up until now created these maps individually. Is there a way I can search for all airport, add these locations to map notes, and then analyse drive times for all airports at once? 

Many thanks,

Jayne 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Try using the drive time analysis tool to create the drive times for all of your airports. You will need to have all of the locations of the airports in a single layer, but the tool will run individual drivetimes for each location. You can then either create different maps that only focus on one area, or use bookmarks to focus and navigate to each airport:

Create Drive-Time Areas—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Bookmark places—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Create presentations—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

-Kelly

0 Kudos
JayneWestbrook1
New Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Many thanks for your reply, that's really helpful. 

I'd used the drive time analysis tool previously to create drive times for airports, but struggled to have multiple locations in a single layer (as I'm a newbie!) I had been adding each airport location to map notes not realising this was creating multiple layers, so I have now added each airport as a 'point' and it's working perfectly. Thanks! 

Jayne