Sqlite_readonly_exception crash updated

03-21-2017 10:13 PM
marius
by
New Contributor III

Hello,

While trying to migrate the app from 10.2.5 to 100 I've started to get lots of crashes with "Esri_runtimecore::Common::Sqlite_readonly_exception:". They happen when you're browsing the map or you're interacting with the map. The map has a simple basemap (Streets Vector) and a couple of AGSGraphicsOverlays. The map has a touchDelegate set to self.

Is this a known issue? Do you have any hints where I should start looking?

Thank you,

Marius

Next day edit:

I'm trying to get more info on what's causing this issue. So far, it seems to be a race condition when interacting with the map while the map is downloading. I can reproduce it pretty easily by quickly moving the map around while the map is loading. Performing the same interactions after the map is loaded (2-3 seconds later) does not seem to crash the app.

I've got some call trees from Instruments, but I'm pretty sure they are not the cause of the crash.

Is there any way I can get you some debug info? Log files? Is there any way to set the vector map cache store to memory?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidLednik
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Marius,

Could you do a quick test?

Swap your vectorTiled basemap for a normal tiled one and see if it still crashes.

regards,

David

0 Kudos
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

So far, it seems to be a race condition when interacting with the map while the map is downloading. I can reproduce it pretty easily by quickly moving the map around while the map is loading. Performing the same interactions after the map is loaded (2-3 seconds later) does not seem to crash the app.

There was a known issue with vector tiles that prevented users from using the map reliably before all the tiles in view were rendered. This has been fixed for the upcoming release.

0 Kudos
marius
by
New Contributor III

David: swapping the map with a tiled one solves the issue. Thank you for that suggestion.

Divesh: Thank you for confirming that. Is there a beta release coming soon?

0 Kudos
DavidLednik
Occasional Contributor II

Update 1 release is planned for Q2. 

0 Kudos