Slow loading issue

03-23-2017 07:39 AM
ElifKırpık
New Contributor

I am using story maps in one story map. In mobile phones, it is really hard to loading maps. Do you have any suggestions about this?  

my story map is still under construction but i want to share with you:    http://arcg.is/2mqIdG8

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Elif,

Yes, loading some maps can be slow on mobile phones because of slow connections and slower processors that mobile devices have. If the mobile experience is very important to your audience you can follow the advice in this blog to host the story map yourself and provide an alternate, mobile-friendly version of your story.

You can also limit the amount of dynamic content in your story and link out to maps or other content so readers on a desktop who are able to view it can open that content in a separate browser tab, but mobile users still get a good experience.

In the future, we want to add the ability in our Story Map builders for authors specify alternate media that will load on slower connections/mobile phones. So, for example, you could upload an image that would load on mobile devices instead of a 3D scene or an embedded app.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps