Server layer not showing up in Catalog

03-24-2017 07:47 AM
RyanOchs
New Contributor

We have several layers that appear to be in the sql database but not visible in Catalog.  I have tried importing a layer in with the same name into the database but it gives me the "layer already exists" error.  I have also been able to do an export of a portion of the database to my desktop and layer shows up in the exported database.  It simply appears that Catalog just isn't displaying all layers.

I'm not sure where to go from here.  We need the layers to appear.  Would it be best to delete the layers on the SQL end and import a copy back in?  We are not super SQL savvy so we would prefer not to do this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

We have several layers that appear to be in the sql database but not visible in Catalog.

Why do you say they "appear" to be in a sql database?  If they are a SQL database, you will want to add a database connection in catalog to see them  

Connecting to an enterprise geodatabase or database from the Catalog tree—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Do you know what the data is?  Can you create a file GDB and do a copy/paste into that just to review the data?

What is a geodatabase?—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos