Map Overview - 2 Map's conflicting with each other

03-23-2017 02:55 PM
JordanBaumgardner
Occasional Contributor III

We are in the middle of a 3.x to 4.3 port. Got to the Overview Widget and had to roll my own. But it's got issues. Seems if I add a layer to my overview, it messes with my main map.

JS Bin - Collaborative JavaScript Debugging 

The JS Bin as it is now, works. Look for the line:

var overviewMap = new Map({
// UNCOMMENT ME
// layers: [ovLayer],
basemap: "topo"
});

and add that layer back in.

var overviewMap = new Map({
layers: [ovLayer],
basemap: "topo"
});

It makes the main map go wonky.

Thoughts? I'm out of ideas.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JordanBaumgardner

Adding another reply in a desperate attempt to get some visibility, 47 views, and no ideas so far. Anyone?

0 Kudos
ThomasSolow

Are you referring to the layers on the main map being drawn incorrectly at some zoom levels?

Looks like a bug to me.  I'm really surprised to see that this behavior is linked to adding a layer to the overview map, but it does seem to be.

I do notice that, although this issue seems to occur on load no matter what, if you comment out the "mapView.goTo," the layers will correct themselves and seem to not break again as I zoom in and out.

JordanBaumgardner

>> Are you referring to the layers on the main map being drawn incorrectly at some zoom levels?

Yes, exactly. My client can not use ESRI base maps, all data is hosted locally. So I was adding their first layer to the overview map, and boom. Looks like a bug to me as well. Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos