GeoEvent Field Enricher (File) Not working

03-24-2017 07:01 AM
AveryPenniston
New Contributor II

I am currently using GeoEvent Server 10.5 and attempting to use the Field Enricher (File) processor to populate existing fields in my GeoEvent object.  Unfortunately, the existing fields never get populated in the GeoEvent object after passing through the processor. I verified that the value in join field in the GeoEvent object is also in the lookup file, and that the enrichment fields exist in both the file and the GeoEvent.  I tried adding new fields as well, but this also did not work.  I do not see any errors in the GeoEvent logs for this processor.

As a test, I also tried using the Field Enricher (Feature Service) and got the same result, but I was able to get that field enricher to add new fields to my GeoEvent, but never able to populate the existing GeoEvent.

Has any one else been having trouble with this processor, or know of probable reasons for it not working?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkBramer
Occasional Contributor II

The Field Enricher (File) requires your file to be in a very specific format.  What throws many off is that it wants a file with the second row containing the data type of the corresponding field.  It's easy to think the file should just contain a row of field names, then field values, but you need that second row of data types, too.

See this:

http://server.arcgis.com/en/geoevent/latest/process-event-data/processors.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_EC920D56... 

Could that be what's going on?

Mark