Shortlist BETA - Can you disable the "Start" button on Mobile?

Jump to solution
03-24-2017 01:21 PM
JamesTchorzynski1
New Contributor III

I did not see this referenced anywhere.  But, one of our ArcGIS Online Publishers from our marketing team had an interesting note on the Shortlist BETA that I'm not sure if anyone has a solution to:

"Made a single tab Shortlist BETA Story Map for our webpage.  Works great!  However, on a mobile it opens to a start button rather than the map itself.  Seems clunky for end-users.  Is there any way to disable this?"

From what I can see it appears to be part of the multi-tab functionality, as when I add multiple tabs the start button goes away and that page is replaced with tab names.  I imagine we could use the developer tools to customize the story map and bypass the start page.  But has anyone been able to resolve this with a setting we're not seeing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi James,

There is not a setting in the app to hide this intro page on mobile, but if you download the app from the GitHub repo (Release V2.2.3 · Esri/storymap-shortlist · GitHub ), you can make a simple edit to accomplish what you are looking for. You will need to open the index.html in a text editor, go to the section designated for adding custom css rules (around line 72), and add this css rule:  

<style>
 /* CUSTOM CSS RULES */
 #mobileIntro {
 display: none !important;
 }
 </style>

-Mark

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi James,

There is not a setting in the app to hide this intro page on mobile, but if you download the app from the GitHub repo (Release V2.2.3 · Esri/storymap-shortlist · GitHub ), you can make a simple edit to accomplish what you are looking for. You will need to open the index.html in a text editor, go to the section designated for adding custom css rules (around line 72), and add this css rule:  

<style>
 /* CUSTOM CSS RULES */
 #mobileIntro {
 display: none !important;
 }
 </style>

-Mark