How do I get Max Speed Information?

03-27-2017 10:21 AM
TércyoStorck1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I need to know how do i get max speed information for a single segment. I have this information in my Feature Class and created a descriptor attribute in Network Dataset Properties.

And i need to know how do I get the META-DATA like Cost and Restriction Attributes.

PS: I'm using 10.2.8-1 API, but I need to know how it works on 100.0 API as well

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello.  What do you mean by "META-DATA"?  What information are you trying to get?

0 Kudos
TércyoStorck1
New Contributor III

Hi melinda,

I mean the columns in a table. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I Just need the Max Speed of segment to print it on screen.

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

So, you have a feature class with a field called MAX_SPEED, and you're using that field in a descriptor attribute in a network dataset.  Are you asking how to determine the largest MAX_SPEED value in a solved route, or something like that?  So, a route from Point A to Point B travels along some streets, and you want to know the largest MAX_SPEED value of the streets used in that route?

If this is the case, I think you can use the Copy Traversed Source Features tool after solving your route to get what you want.  This tool will create a feature class showing the actual street segments that were traversed.  You can use the SourceOID field to join your source feature class to this by ObjectID, and you can transfer the MAX_SPEED field over.  You don't actually need to add MAX_SPEED as a descriptor in the network dataset.

0 Kudos