Raster Layers not visible beyond 1:25,000.

Jump to solution
03-28-2017 10:54 AM
SusanBoos
New Contributor II

I tried adding in a number of raster layers and none depict beyond the scale of 1:25,000. I've verified that the scale dependency is not set. Is there a setting I need to change to allow my raster layer to depict out past 1:30,000? I recently had ArcGIS Standard Version 10.4.1 installed.

Capture1 shows my raster layer depicting at 1:24000.

Capture2 shows my raster not depicting at 1:30000.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SusanBoos
New Contributor II

I created a raster dataset from the tifs I wanted to display in my mxd first.  I then created a mosaic dataset adding that dataset.  Display is no longer an issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

strangely I experienced the same thing... I tried rebuilding pyramids and the other stuff and nothing worked... so I dumped the files, re-downloaded the originals making sure to save to a new folder, opened a new project and added them... and the issue went away.  Hopefully it works for you.  When something doesn't work, don't do the same thing again seems to be the motto

SusanBoos
New Contributor II

Thank you ~ good suggestion, I tried it once! Unfortunately, I’m still experimenting with possible fixes. I’ll be sure and post what works.

0 Kudos
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

If this is a mosaic dataset, have you built overviews.

But generally that results in the crazy checkerboard view.

0 Kudos
SusanBoos
New Contributor II

Thanks, the crazy checkerboard isn’t happening. I’m still working on it…

0 Kudos
NinaRihn
Occasional Contributor III

also check your Raster settings  in the customize menu / arcmap options, raster tab and make sure you aren't exceeding your maximum number of rasters to be drawn

0 Kudos
SusanBoos
New Contributor II

Thanks, I’m still working on it…

0 Kudos
SusanBoos
New Contributor II

I created a raster dataset from the tifs I wanted to display in my mxd first.  I then created a mosaic dataset adding that dataset.  Display is no longer an issue.

0 Kudos