Hey all, pretty simple question. Zip Codes within a 15 mile radius of a specific zip

03-29-2017 10:06 AM
deleted-user-wRSmL-Oixw7Z
New Contributor

I have at my disposal the address/zip information for my client's stores, a master list of all U.S. Zip Codes. I just want to extract from ArCGIS Maps a list of zip codes within a 15 mile radius of my client's stores, as well as population in those zips. Seems simple enough, but I'm struggling. Any and all help is welcome and appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Select by location for the specified distance relative to you clients store location.  Select by graphic with you drawing the the circle.

The population is a little more involved; obviously you'll need to obtain sound population data, (blocks, block groups, tracts, whatever granularity you choose to work with) and then geoprocess the population data into the zip data.

A word of caution; population data assumes a smooth distribution across the given polygon.  You'll need to proportion that population to your zip polygons:  what percentage of the original population polygon area is now in the zip polygon * population.....

see https://community.esri.com/message/257860?commentID=257860#comment-257860 

That should just about do it....