Export Schematic Local Government Scenes (ArcGIS Pro)

04-03-2017 05:14 AM
AntonLarsson
New Contributor II

I have worked with Schematic Local Government Scenes and managed to create 3D-buildings (LOD2). Is it possible to export the result to another format the .spk? 

I would like to compare the result from the buildingmaking in Schematic Local Government Scenes with a model made by data from terrestrial laser scanning. A format suitable for this purpose would be 3ds or similar.

I am working on my thesis in GIS engineering and trying to examine the possibility for local governments and municipals i Sweden to work with 3D and LiDAR in an effective way.

This would be very helpful.

Regards,

Anton

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

Hi Anton,

You can use Esri CityEngine to export multipatch features to a variety of 3D formats including fbx.

Please note that the schematic scenes solution has tasks to manually refine the buildings after extraction. This greatly improves the quality especially for buildings with several roof forms within 1 building footprint. In this case segmentation is required for a good end result.

Regards Gert 

AntonLarsson
New Contributor II

Thanks Gert,

Yes I´m aware of manually refine thank you. I will download the trail of CityEngine now and try to export.

Regards,

Anton

0 Kudos
AntonLarsson
New Contributor II

Should i export the buildings as .lpkx from arcgis pro and import them in CityEngine? I have som troubles with that. If i manage to import the buildings in CityEngine I assume that i could export them once again as 3D format?

0 Kudos
Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

Just drag and drop the gdb with the multipatches from the file explorer in CE into the viewport.

Then select the features you wish to export and export.

Gert

Gert van Maren

Esri Software Solutions

C: +64 2040792466

E-mail: gvanmaren@esri.com<mailto:gvanmaren@esri.com> | esri.com<http://www.esri.com/>

AntonLarsson
New Contributor II

Worked great! 

Thanks.

0 Kudos