Attribute Assistant Multiple Sequences for one Layer

Jump to solution
04-04-2017 06:19 AM
RaymondGoins
Occasional Contributor

I am at a water utility and we cover multiple cities. I would like to generate ID's for our fire hydrants. Our ID's start with the first letter of the city then a sequential number after it. ie P1200 or C1564. Problem is we have a different number of hydrants in each city and the sequential numbers are at different values (see attached). I do have a layer that I can add that has polygons around the cities with a field that has the first letter to be used for the start of the hydrant number.

My question is, can I have multiple sequences for one layer? If so how can I tell the assistant to use a particular sequence? I would be fine if it prompted me. So if I am adding a new hydrant in the city of Providence, I would like it to use sequence PHYDRANT so the next hydrant number would be P3240. If city of Johnston use sequence JHYDRANT and next Hydrant number would be J0501 and so on. Also hydrant numbers are 4 characters long, but I think I know how to accomplish that.

Thanks

Ray

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

You will need the Generate ID by Intersect - Generate ID By Intersect - Attribute Assistant | ArcGIS Solutions 

0 Kudos
RaymondGoins
Occasional Contributor

I was on that track but what I am not sure of, is how will it know which sequence to use?? How do I tell it to use a certain sequence?

0 Kudos
RaymondGoins
Occasional Contributor

Got it to work.

this is the part I missed

The static portion of SEQNAME in the DynamicValue table. Since there are four quadrants, there must be four rows whose SEQNAME is GRIDSEQ* (where * is the corresponding value defined in the GRIDID field in the Fire District layer).

Thanks

Ray

0 Kudos