Why are my colors muddy?

Jump to solution
04-06-2017 09:34 PM
DCWORK_GIS
New Contributor III

The color of the extruded cylinder shapes in the below image should be bright like the colors in the Contents pane, but as you can see, they are dark and muddy. They are like this from any angle and I've tried using extruded 2D and 3D symbols and both have the same result. There are no attribute driven variations, like transparency. One thing I have noticed is that when I use a 3D symbol and don't extrude it, the top plane is bright, but the sides are dark. But that's not the case here - in the image the sides and top are both the same color. Any thoughts?

cylinder symbology with muddy colors

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DCWORK_GIS
New Contributor III

Illumination properties...

Scenes—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

This was a 2D map converted to 3D Scene and so somehow the Illumination properties were not default values. I clicked "Restore Default" in the Scene > Properties > Illumination and all was right with the world once again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DCWORK_GIS
New Contributor III

Illumination properties...

Scenes—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

This was a 2D map converted to 3D Scene and so somehow the Illumination properties were not default values. I clicked "Restore Default" in the Scene > Properties > Illumination and all was right with the world once again.
0 Kudos