Edits to page not reflected in public facing site?

04-06-2017 09:44 AM
ChrisKangas
New Contributor

Edits in my open data page are not being reflected in the public facing page. For example, I will pull a widget off the page, save edits, and the edits are not being reflected. Any thoughts, thanks!

4 Replies
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Chris - 

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. Have you already filed a support ticket? I think that's the best bet to get this sorted -- they can dig into the details of the situation. 

Courtney 

0 Kudos
deleted-user-K4WEem421GEH
New Contributor II

Is there any updated information on this question?

0 Kudos
ChrisKangas
New Contributor

Yes I worked with ESRI to determine what exactly was happening. It seems like previously, you would opt to upgrade to V 2.1 by clicking the upgrade site option. ESRI then chose to automate the update, however when that happened the redundant legacy site was created, which ends up being the default site that is forward facing to the public. This legacy site can't be edited. The "upgraded" site can be edited but the edits won't reflect to the public, and if you delete the legacy site you run the risk of losing everything. ESRI support staff had to manually repair this through our organizational account, but should be able to help you if the same issue is present with your site. Hope this helps!

deleted-user-K4WEem421GEH
New Contributor II

Super, thank you for the info, ckangas@bozeman.net‌.  I did contact ESRI Support and I'm waiting to hear back from them.  However, while I was waiting...I couldn't leave well-enough alone and I noticed the legacy site.  I also noticed that the upgraded site was showing the same name as the legacy site, so there's a conflict.  I also determined that the legacy site was the one being viewed.  Okay, so I did what you said NOT to do - before reading your post of course - and renamed that legacy site.  Once I did that it disappeared.  Okay, now I went back to the upgraded site and renamed it to a different name so that I could rename the legacy site back to its original name.  But no bueno...it was gone for good.  So, i renamed the upgraded site back to its original name, set it to public, and voila - it's now back up on the properly-named upgraded site - the legacy site is gone from our site.

0 Kudos