How to open/see bundle files with ArcGIS Desktop or whatever?

Jump to solution
04-06-2017 04:51 PM
MarkMindlin
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I tried using the "Open" button and the "Add Data"  button and navigating to my .bundle files in ArcMap, but neither of these recognizes .bundles files.

Any help please.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkMindlin

We found the way - Export Tile Cache with parameter "Storage format" - "EXPLODED"

View solution in original post

19 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

where did you get it? the file format is associate with a variety of things including GitHub and stuff for mac's

0 Kudos
MarkMindlin

I create a tile cache and try to open/see an individual bundle.

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Mark

You can drop the complete cache into ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro  - in this screenshot it would be called "TestCacheAspectRGB".  If you're navigating down into the subfolders and seeking to display individual bundles at different levels, I don't believe we have a method for viewing single bundles.   If that's what you're seeking, let me know and I'll double check.

Cody B.

MarkMindlin

Thank you for your response Cody,

I use a storage format "esriMapCacheStorageModeCompactV2"

Any try to drop any file or any folder (Root OR Layers OR _alllayers OR L(evel)X) I have the error

0 Kudos
MarkMindlin

ArcMap 10.3.1

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I don't suppose it would be this type of tile cache (never use them... just going by help)

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you see any data in the corresponding folder in ArcCatalog? Any data that you can add to ArcMap should be visible in ArcMap.

Also I think the bundle files are a part of the Cache (Tile) folder. If you have access, try working with the entire cache folder.

Think Location
0 Kudos
MarkMindlin

Thank you, Jayanta.

I see the image 

My question is how to view/preview the content with Desktop or whatever

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If the item is not opening in ArcMap by drag-and-drop from ArcCatalog, try previewing it in ArcCatalog. Open ArcCatalog Window (not the one attached with ArcMap). 

Select the desired item and Preview "Geography".

Does it display anything?

Think Location
0 Kudos