Layer swipe issue

04-06-2017 07:23 PM
FanLuo
by
New Contributor II

Dear all,

I am working on a map with two layers both styling in heat map, hoping to get the swipe to compare one heat map with another. However, no matter which one I chose to be swiped, the two layers will appear/disappear together. 

In contrast, when I changed the style to individual points, the swipe works fine.

Probably create two separate maps and having each contains one heat map could solve it. But it seems really a waste. Any suggestion? I am using the swipe template hosted in ArcGIS Online without any change.

Thanks,

Fan

heat map layersindividual points

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Fan,

Sorry about the issue. If possible could you share the URL to your web map (assuming the data is not private or proprietary.

Rupert

0 Kudos
FanLuo
by
New Contributor II

Hi Rupert,

Sorry I cannot share the original map.

But I made another story map using public data which performs the same.

Here is the url http://arcg.is/2nX0jLX

Thanks,

Fan

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Fan

Thanks so much. Hey could you share that story map publicly. I get prompted to sign-in if I try and launch it.

Rupert

0 Kudos
FanLuo
by
New Contributor II

Hi Rupert,

I set it to be accessible to the public. Would you try to open it again?

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Fan

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Fan -- I believe that for technical reasons the way heatmaps are rendered in a web browser is that all heatmap layers in a map are added to the same client-side layer, so you're not able to swipe them individually as you've discovered. Creating two maps is the way to go here.

Don't worry, it's not a waste -- the Swipe app is designed to work with one or two maps.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
FanLuo
by
New Contributor II

Hi Owen, 

Thanks for the reply.

I was wishing that there could be a way to use only one map instead of two. It seems that two maps is the only solution for this task right now.

Fan

0 Kudos