Search Functionality ArcGIS online Map

04-13-2017 01:37 PM
deleted-user-3lQ_b9pCWe7L
New Contributor II

I'm trying to create a search with ArcGIS online that allows users to select what kind of store they would like to go visit; equivalent would be a "select by attribute" in arcMap.

For example; show me all of the grocery stores within 15 miles of me using the search nearby widget. It returns a popup with a list of matching returns, but instead of listing the name of the feature layer I would like it to display the grocery store name. As far as I have seen, I am unable to see where to make changes to this popup. Does anyone have experience doing this? Or even a better way of doing this. I would like for it to just be a drop-down of possible attributes rather than a search bar. Thanks guys 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

William,

If you are using an AGOL or on premise portal for hosting your app then you are out of luck. If you use WAB Dev then you can make a change in the Near Me widget code to make it do what you want. Currently the widget is coded to show the layers title though.

deleted-user-3lQ_b9pCWe7L
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert for your prompt response. Do you have any suggestions on getting started with WAB dev? I'm a recent college graduate and 99.9% of my college training was on ArcMap. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Well the main thing about WAB Dev is that you will have to host your app on a web server after you configure and modify the widget, because you can not just push it back up to AGOL. The WAB Dev site has some great help docs and guides for getting you started.