How do I change size of picture panel and map panel

Jump to solution
04-17-2017 11:22 AM
Hernando_CountyProperty_Apprai
New Contributor III

How do I change the size of the map panel and the picture panel in the map tour template?  I've changed the widths in the stylesheet but it seems it is calculating the sizes when it draws.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Priscilla,

You are correct that the widths are calculated when it draws and the screen resizes.  To change the widths, have a look in the source code in src/app/storymaps/maptour/ui/desktop/PicturePanel.js with the function called resize (about line 219).

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Priscilla,

You are correct that the widths are calculated when it draws and the screen resizes.  To change the widths, have a look in the source code in src/app/storymaps/maptour/ui/desktop/PicturePanel.js with the function called resize (about line 219).

-Mark

0 Kudos
Hernando_CountyProperty_Apprai
New Contributor III

Thanks Mark.  I found that if I increase the MINIMUM_MAP_WIDTH in the maptour-config.js it changes the map along with the picture panel as it uses that in the calculations.  Basically it takes the size of your screen and subtracts the MINIMUM_MAP_WIDTH from that to get the size of the picture panel.  

When downloading the application I don't have a folder named src/app/storymaps/maptour/ui/desktop/PicturePanel.js  but I did find the calculation in the maptour-viewer-min.js.  The code is horrible as it uses functions named J, K, Q, etc.. I had to debug step by step to find the correct function.  Perhaps I didn't download from the correct place?

0 Kudos