ArcGIS License

04-18-2017 11:35 PM
PoojaPandey1
New Contributor III

I am having Arcgis 10.3 installed on my desktop and I wish to move it to some other computer. Is it ok to uninstall and then install with the same license file on another computer?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PoojaPandey1
New Contributor III

Thanks,I'll try that.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The issue with the above steps is that the License Manager on machine 1 must be running in order to successfully deauthorize the License Manager on machine 2, if needed in future.

Think Location
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pooja,

If you have ArcGIS License Server Administrator (License Manager) installed in the same machine or if you are using a single-use license, you need to deauthorize the license in the old machine before uninstall. Then you could authorize the license in the new machine.

How To: Perform online deauthorization of licenses for ArcGIS for Desktop

Authorizing ArcGIS single use products and features (See "Terminating authorization" section)

If you are using a concurrent-use license, and your machine just has ArcGIS Desktop installed (No License Manager in same machine), you could go ahead with installing ArcGIS Desktop in the new machine and connect it to the License Manager.

*You cannot use the same authorization file for the second machine. You need to create a new one. although you can use the same provisioning file, if available. Else, you could use the license codes (EFLXXXXXXXXX).

Think Location
PoojaPandey1
New Contributor III

Thanks, I do have the ArcGIS license server administrator installed. I'll deauthorize it first and then authorize it on another machine.

0 Kudos