Quick report 1.4

Jump to solution
04-21-2017 12:31 PM
JunxuanZhao
New Contributor

HI, 

I found the video of new quick report template (1.4 version) with sign in function on the website, and it is said that this version is now available, but I can not find it. 

Currently, I am using the 1.3 version.

Thanks,

Junxuan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Junxuan,

To make your feature service as the secured one,

1. Navigate to your Organization
  2. Click on the My Content tab
  3. Choose the feature layer that you want to use and click on it
  4. Click on the top right Share button
  5. Uncheck Everyone (public) option

Please see this link for more information. 

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Tina

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

If you create a new app (you need to sign in first) using QuickReport template from AppStudio for ArcGIS. It will be based on version 1.4.

Alternatively, if you download the Appstudio desktop 1.4 AppStudio for ArcGIS | ArcGIS. You can create Quick Report app 1.4 using our template.

-Nakul 

JunxuanZhao
New Contributor

Yes, We did the same procedure. But no Sign-in interface shows. I am not sure if this is a version issue or do I need to enable the sign in function somewhere? 

Actually, there are some other new features in version 1.4 according to the video, but none of them shows.

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Sign in will only show for a secured feature layer. For instance if you try this secured featurelayer (id=0) it should show sign in dialog.

http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Wildfire_secure_ac/FeatureServer

JunxuanZhao
New Contributor

Got it. Thank you very much! But how to get a secured feature layer? Is it right to use Arcgis server? And does it need any cost?

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

You can have a secured Feature Layer from either an ArcGIS Org account or ArcGIS Server. If you are using website to create an application. There is no cost. If you are using App Studio Desktop, just make sure you have a standard license.

0 Kudos
JunxuanZhao
New Contributor

Yes, I have a ArcGIS Org account and use website to create an application. I have create a feature layer, but still don't know how to make it a secured feature layer. Could you please provide more details?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Junxuan,

To make your feature service as the secured one,

1. Navigate to your Organization
  2. Click on the My Content tab
  3. Choose the feature layer that you want to use and click on it
  4. Click on the top right Share button
  5. Uncheck Everyone (public) option

Please see this link for more information. 

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Tina

0 Kudos
JunxuanZhao
New Contributor

Works! Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
JunxuanZhao
New Contributor

HI, 

Currently, we have the sign-in interface for the app and we are using the secured feature layer. 

But the sign-in interface only pops up for the first time. Run the app for the second time, it just directs to the main page. How can we solve this problem? Or how to clear sign in information?

Thanks,

Junxuan

0 Kudos