upgade portal to 10.5 - Migration Failed

Jump to solution
04-25-2017 02:07 AM
OfraAinemer
Esri Contributor

While upgrading (after uninstall web adaptor), in the step of "createAdmin.html" I get error" There was an error creating your initial administrtor account. Migration Failed. no protocol: //[server].[domain]/arcgis/rest/services/[MyGeocodeServer]/GeocodeServer.

In the log I see that the last step before the error was :merging accountSetting properties.

the next step is : the procces of creating a new site failed. Reverting site creation. Migration failed. no protocol...

The service url in the error does not contain http or https, just begin with //[server...

I've deleted that service from the server and tried again - but same message occured.

Urgent......

Thanks in advance

Ofra

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OfraAinemer
Esri Contributor

Finally, with ESRI support I upgraded the portal with this scenario:

After upgrading, there are two content direcotries: content_10.4.1 with the old content, and content, that was empty, or even didn't exists.

I made backup in other place, renamed both directories, and operated "createNewSite" from scratch.

Then I've replaced the new content directory with content_10.4.1 - and it worked (restart the service and clear cache).

I've also tried to fix portal installation, and use other versions of content directory - but no success. The best result was portal with users, groups, and folders, but no items and no logos or picture.

Yes Jonathan.

I suspect that the reason is that the default goecode of the portal is this service, but I have no evidence. Maybe there's a bug in migrating that definition.

Ofra

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Is that geocoder set as your geocode utility service?

0 Kudos
OfraAinemer
Esri Contributor

Finally, with ESRI support I upgraded the portal with this scenario:

After upgrading, there are two content direcotries: content_10.4.1 with the old content, and content, that was empty, or even didn't exists.

I made backup in other place, renamed both directories, and operated "createNewSite" from scratch.

Then I've replaced the new content directory with content_10.4.1 - and it worked (restart the service and clear cache).

I've also tried to fix portal installation, and use other versions of content directory - but no success. The best result was portal with users, groups, and folders, but no items and no logos or picture.

Yes Jonathan.

I suspect that the reason is that the default goecode of the portal is this service, but I have no evidence. Maybe there's a bug in migrating that definition.

Ofra