How to make mapping data (features) on Web AppBuilder application automatically refreshed without user intervene?

04-25-2017 08:29 AM
XiujuZhou
New Contributor III

I have app developed from Web AppBuilder (developer Edition), how to make mapping data (features) automatically refreshed in map without user intervene?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Judy,

In your web map on AGOL/Portal you set the refresh interval for the layers you wish to refresh.

XiujuZhou
New Contributor III

that only control data refresh in webmap. but application still not refreshed.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Judy,

Since WAB uses the web map than the web maps data will refresh based on those set intervals. Are you saying that the refersh interval set on layers in the web map are not being honored by the WAB app?

0 Kudos
XiujuZhou
New Contributor III

data is updated underlying database. I actually want automatically refresh in application. I setup interval in webmap. however in application side, I have to pan or zoom the map, then I can see the change.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Judy,

WAB is suppose to respect the refresh interval set in the web map and automatically refresh the layer (without having to pan or zoom). If it is not working then you may have found a bug.

0 Kudos
XiujuZhou
New Contributor III

auto refresh never works for me in application side. does it ever work for you by any change?

0 Kudos
XiujuZhou
New Contributor III

it happens to me all the time for all my apps from web appBuilder in the past.

I setup refresh interval 0.1min, and add a new feature polygon in webmap. Then I don’t see the new polygon in web appbuilder app, unless I have to pan or zoom.

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

try 1 minute.

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Judy

As Robert has pointed out, your Web Application consumes the Web Map which would have the layer refresh interval set. This is the MapID used in the config file.