Citizen Problem Reporter Basemap Selector?

Jump to solution
04-25-2017 10:34 AM
KennyKleewein
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I have configured the citizen problem reporter for my organization and was curious if it was possible to enable the user to change the basemap? 

I dont think this is possible yet but was curious if it was on the road map for future updates. 

I am currently using a streets style map and the users would like to change to imagery when necessary.  

Thanks 

Kenny 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the feedback Kenny.

As you mentioned the basemap selector is not currently available in this app.

Can you provide a few more details about how your users would interact with multiple basemaps? What kind of data are your citizens reporting? Would using the imagery make it easier to report on a location, or what benefits would your users see by switching between the basemaps.

Thanks,

Kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KellyGerrow

Thanks for the feedback Kenny.

As you mentioned the basemap selector is not currently available in this app.

Can you provide a few more details about how your users would interact with multiple basemaps? What kind of data are your citizens reporting? Would using the imagery make it easier to report on a location, or what benefits would your users see by switching between the basemaps.

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KennyKleewein
New Contributor II

Hello Kelly, 

Thanks for the reply. 

Basically the imagery would have help located a site know for illegal trash dumping, however it doesn't appear on the streets map. The reason being it looks to have been a start to a a cul de sac road that was never platted. This is why it would have been helpful to have imagery instead of the streets map. I thought of just having the imagery but our imagery is significantly old and there have been lots of new construction since we last flew in 2011. '

We are looking a flying new imagery for our area in the near future. 

Thanks, 

Kenny 

KellyGerrow

Thanks Kenny,

That is great feedback. I'll make sure this gets to the team. Would there ever be a case where you would want to change between more than two maps?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
KennyKleewein
New Contributor II

In 2011 we acquired Lidar  for our area and have created a nice Hill-shade basemap that I think would be cool to see on the there as well but I think for the majority of folks here just having the streets map and imagery map would be sufficient for our needs. 

thanks Kelly

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Kenny Kleewein‌: Thanks for sharing your use case. This is an enhancement we are considering for a future release. You can follow this work here: https://github.com/Esri/crowdsource-reporter/issues/226

AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

We have added a basemap widget to this application in this week's release of AGOL

0 Kudos