select today from date field

Jump to solution
04-26-2017 05:52 AM
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

how do you select today from a date field in survey123 on iOS (iPhone)?

if i tap the date field the date calendar opens, and today's date is filled with a grey box, if i tap today's date the calendar closes but no date is shown in the field.

the only way i can see is select a different date and then change it to be today's date, or default it to today and hope that the users remember to select the correct date if its different to today.

has anyone else had this issue?

thanks

Stuart

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Stuart, 

This is a known issue with the calendar (and time controls) at this time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Stuart, 

This is a known issue with the calendar (and time controls) at this time.

0 Kudos
GlenColgate1
Occasional Contributor

James Tedrick   FYI... We think we ran into a small variant on the issue mentioned. In a repeater, the calendar control will initially have the current date grayed out. After a date is selected in the first record, the next repeat will have the previously selected date grayed out. This will continue for each subsequent record.

Are you willing to share any hints on how far down in the backlog this is?

Edit** Our current fix for this issue on DateTime questions (not in repeaters) is to add today() or now() as the field's default value. This ignores the controls deficiency by excepting the current date as selected. Its likely this is close to how the control was intended to be used. But it might not be a perfect solution for DateTime questions (inside of a repeater), if the user wants to persist the selected date for subsequent records.

0 Kudos
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

thanks James

0 Kudos