Viewing table in web map on mobile device

05-03-2017 05:04 PM
PatrickGrady
New Contributor II

Hi,

I would like to know the best way to view the attribute table for a feature within a web map on a mobile? I of course know how to click/ID a single feature and see it's attributes pop up, but how can I view/scroll through an entire table? Is this possible with the Explorer app? Are there other apps that I can achieve this with? Essentially, I would like to be able to view a table in a similar way to how I can view a spreadsheet with the Google Sheets app.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Patrick,

> I would like to ... view the attribute table for a feature within a web map on a mobile? ... Are there other apps that I can achieve this with? ...

You could use Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS. You can quickly and easily create a new web app with it, based on a web map and display the attribute tables of its data layers using the Attribute Table widget. Web AppBuilder runs in a web browser on mobile devices.

Hope this helps,

PatrickGrady
New Contributor II

Thanks Derek, this is helpful. However, some of my users will be using this in the field without connectivity, hence why I was hoping that there is a way to achieve this with an app such as Explorer or Collector. Is there an option like this available to me?

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately, I don't believe you can view a layer's 'entire' attribute table in either Explorer for ArcGIS or Collector for ArcGIS. You can view a feature's attributes with a pop-up in these apps, but not the 'entire' attribute table. If these solution apps don't meet your needs, I suppose you could develop your own custom app with one of the ArcGIS Runtime SDKs.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos