Is the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for.net able to combine UrhoSharp 3D / 2D Engine with some physical effects?

Jump to solution
05-14-2017 07:15 PM
xipeng
by
New Contributor III

hello:

I want to implement the physical effects in Arcgis Runtime,

Is the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for.net able to combine UrhoSharp 3D / 2D Engine with some physical effects in 3D Scene?

Something like that

urho-samples/FeatureSamples/Core/11_Physics at master · xamarin/urho-samples · GitHub 

ff

Moving character example. - Xamarin 

If not, is there a similar solution??

Looking forward to your reply

thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm no expert on Urho Sharp, but I think this now is more of a question for the UrhoSharp people, since you're trying to calculate on things separate from the ArcGIS Runtime. Whatever the output of the physics engine you should be able to just use to update the location of say Graphics in your SceneView. Just note that the SceneView really isn't optimized for these type of scenarios.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

No, the rendered scene/mesh generated by ArcGIS Runtime can't tie into an external physics engine.

0 Kudos
xipeng
by
New Contributor III

Do you plan to support external physics engine?

thanks

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

You can always run a physics engine as long as you don't require the mesh generated by SceneView to be part of your physics calculations. We are researching the possibility to tie directly into engines like Unity 3D, but this is only at an early stage research level.

0 Kudos
xipeng
by
New Contributor III

If I want to run the physical effects, whitout require the mesh generated by SceneView to be part of your physics calculations., how to do it, what are the examples of code to provide ideas?

thanks

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm no expert on Urho Sharp, but I think this now is more of a question for the UrhoSharp people, since you're trying to calculate on things separate from the ArcGIS Runtime. Whatever the output of the physics engine you should be able to just use to update the location of say Graphics in your SceneView. Just note that the SceneView really isn't optimized for these type of scenarios.

0 Kudos
xipeng
by
New Contributor III

Thank you very much for your answer

0 Kudos