How many Web Adaptors

Jump to solution
05-17-2017 09:42 AM
JanieGoddard
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

If Portal and Server are behind the firewall and the Web Adaptor is forward facing on the web server configured to ArcGIS Server, and we are using Built-in users and Built-in groups on ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS for Portal and I install a new 10.5 Portal, do I need to do any of the https stuff and installing the second web adaptor for Portal?

See this link: About configuring portal authentication—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Configuring built-in users and groups using the portal's identity store

No steps are necessary to configure the portal when using built-in users and groups; the portal is ready for built-in users and groups immediately after installing the software. If you are using enterprise users, see the following sections and related links for more information.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You'll need two web adaptors for your deployment, (one for Server and one for Portal), and yes, you'll definitely need a valid CA signed certificate on your web server to support HTTPS.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You'll need two web adaptors for your deployment, (one for Server and one for Portal), and yes, you'll definitely need a valid CA signed certificate on your web server to support HTTPS.

JanieGoddard

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks so much for answering!

If I used a Domain Certificate, will my external anonymous users see the browser warning about being an unsecured site?

Thanks,
Janie

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, only a certificate that's trusted by browsers by default, (Verisign, Go Daddy, etc), will avoid certificate issues with external users, until they trust the certificate, at least, but that's not ideal.  Your internal users will be fine, as it's likely already trusted through Group Policy settings.

JanieGoddard

Thanks again Jonathan. I really appreciate your help!

Janie

0 Kudos